Prevention of Abuse and Exploitation of Participants
Training for Caregivers
Abuse is an act or omission that willfully deprives a participant of
rights or human dignity, or which may cause or causes actual
physical injury or emotional harm to a participant including a critical
incident and any of the following:
(1) Sexual harassment of a participant.
(2) Sexual contact between a staff member and a participant.
(3) Restraining a participant.
(4) Financial exploitation of a participant.
(5) Humiliating a participant.
(6) Withholding regularly scheduled meals from a participant.